Calling all next-generation innovators, leaders, and social entrepreneurs
Watson Institute understands that to solve the toughest challenges facing the world, we must equip the next generation with the necessary tools, network, mindset, and courage to unleash a lifetime of impact.
With this in mind, we collaborated with Lynn University in Boca Raton, Florida, to bring to life a revolutionary Bachelor of Science in social entrepreneurship for the most promising next generation innovators, leaders, and social entrepreneurs.
Lynn students have the opportunity to:
- Earn their degree for ‘majoring in their mission’ in as little as three years.
- Experience courses based on Watson Institute’s award-winning methodology.
- Receive mentorship from local leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Connect with a powerful network of mentors and social entrepreneurs such as Jerry White, a leader of the Nobel Prize-winning International Campaign to Ban Landmines; Tom Chi who helped invent Google Glass and the self-driving car; and Erin Schrode, the youngest person to run for U.S. Congress.
- Be a part of a transformative group of aspiring entrepreneurial leaders from around the world.
- Gain experience solving real social, economic and environmental problems, a global network of mentors, and lifelong friends.
Protect Your Courage
We’re calling all next-generation innovators, leaders, and social entrepreneurs ready to pioneer their education. Contact Isabel Walker, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our programs.
Regular decision deadline for the Class of 2022 (beginning Fall 2019) was March 1, 2019. Rolling applications accepted through June 1, 2019.
Students of Watson Institute at Lynn University earn their Bachelor of Science in social entrepreneurship from Lynn University while participating and engaging with all that the campus offers. Boca Raton is located in the tri-county (Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach) region of South Florida that also incorporates the cities of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, both growing tech and entrepreneurship hubs.
Students are connected to local mentors, practitioners, and entrepreneurs and integrate in the fast-growing entrepreneurship community in the region. While on campus, students also:
Students experience their education as a close-knit cohort, collaborating with future leaders from all over the world. What they have in common is grit, idealism, and a drive to leave the world better than they found it. Highlights include:
- Tailored mentorship by industry leaders and entrepreneurs across South Florida.
- A platform to develop, design, and implement impact-driven projects and ventures.
- Learning the ropes of social impact and entrepreneurship from practitioners.
- Engaging in challenges and workshops led by thought leaders.
Why Lynn University?
Lynn University and Watson Institute work together because we believe that to solve the toughest challenges facing the world, we must equip the next generation with the necessary tools, network, mindset, and courage to unleash a lifetime of impact.
- Lynn University is named as one of the most innovative and diverse universities in the nation. See more here >
- Lynn’s Social Impact Lab offers incredible opportunities such as Ambassador Corps to all Lynn students
- Lynn’s J-Term offers for-credit, hands-on Citizenship experiences for all students
- Lynn’s approach of intellectual exploration through dialogue and experience leads to transformative conversations and focus on pressing global discussions
Watson Institute offers an innovative income sharing platform called the Pave the Way Fund, generous scholarships, and full-ride fellowships to make the program affordable for every student.