Dates & Details
- Weekly programming starting Fall 2023.
- The program begins with a 1-day Immersive in Bradford. The Immersive will take place on a Saturday.
- The weekly time commitment is approximately 5–8 hours with a mix of in-person and virtual programming.
- Fellows will host a 2-day intensive program called Basecamp in December 2023.
- Opportunity to participate in the Fellowship culminating event called Summit where Fellows pitch to local leaders, funders, and entrepreneurs.
- Fellows have the opportunity to earn up to a maximum of 6 life experience credits in the area of Management from the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford.
- Fellows can earn up to $4,000 in seed funding for their venture or project.
- Aspiring and early-stage entrepreneurs, innovators and leaders who are eager to commit to a robust entrepreneurial training program.
- Demonstrated interest in leading or launching projects addressing key community issues in Bradford, PA and surrounding areas
- Based around and able to attend in-person programming in Bradford, PA.
- Commitment to supporting underrepresented and underserved communities through entrepreneurship and business.
Start Your Application
The final deadline to apply is August 15th, 2023. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply early.
The Halloran Fellowship provides award-winning training, committed mentorship, and a powerful community of peers for next generation entrepreneurs to advance their impact-focused ventures, careers, and lives.
Curriculum & Skill Development
Through hands-on learning, Halloran Fellows will engage in practical entrepreneurial & leadership centric courses.
- Team Management for Impactful Organizations
- Data & Metrics
- Marketing & Personal Branding
- Impact Focused Sales
A diverse cohort of entrepreneurs, small business owners, and nonprofit founders will form partnerships, collaborations, and further their growth and impact during and after the program. Community building activities include:
- Engagement with Watson Institute Alumni
- Self-organized Fellow events
- Basecamp Activities
Mentorship & Networking
Fellows are provided with multiple mentorship opportunities from business leaders, venture capitalists, and enterprise executives. Mentorship engagements include:
- Preceptor Advisory Board
- Impact Speaker Series
- Mentor Bonanza
Alumni Impact & Impact
Watson Institute’s 349 Fellows and alumni from 68 countries have raised over $175 million, created over 1,500 part or full-time jobs, and impacted 5 million people around the world through initiatives they help lead. Watson Institute Alumni have been selected to Y Combinator, the Echoing Green Fellowship, and Forbes’ 30 under 30 list, and continued their education at Harvard University, New York University, Princeton University, and Oxford Saïd Business School, among others.
See here to learn more about our alumni community and impact.
of alumni would recommend a Watson Fellowship to a peer
of alumni use skills they learned in our program up to eight years after graduating
“A peak for me was getting to learn and practice on how to build lasting relationships, negotiations and branding. The insights I got have enabled my team and I to create a donor stewardship plan for our organization, communicate our brand and negotiate with various stakeholders for effective program management.”Western Union Foundation FellowCohort of Fall 2022
“The value of Watson Institute, for me, goes beyond the venture and its impact. The people I have met, the relationships I cultivated, and the conversations I have had have inspired and changed me.”Watson Institute Accelerator Program FellowCohort of Spring 2022
“Oftentimes in job interviews the Hiring Manager thinks I have a business degree because of the skills I gained from Watson Institute.”Watson Institute Accelerator Program FellowCohort of Spring 2015
Halloran Philanthropies is a family foundation based out of Pennsylvania with a mission to inspire, innovate, and accelerate sustainable social interventions that promote human wellbeing. Watson Institute has been fortunate to partner with Halloran Philanthropies since 2013. The inaugural Halloran Fellowship is part of our joint commitment to deepen and expand the budding entrepreneurial ecosystem in Bradford, PA.