The Watson education is an extremely personalized experience – from weekly mentor meetings to tailored workshops, out of state travel, and one-on-ones with renowned entrepreneurs. We offer generous scholarships, fellowships and financing options to make Watson accessible to students from all economic backgrounds.
Virtual Watson Semester Accelerator
Watson Career Accelerator in Guatemala City, Guatemala
Bachelor of Science in Social Entrepreneurship from Lynn University
Pave the Way Fund
Watson’s Pave the Way Fund pays for students’ tuition and housing in Boulder and tuition, housing, and 24/7 dining in South Florida. Once students graduate and begin earning a living wage, alumni share an affordable percentage of future earnings for a set number of months through what’s commonly known as an Income Share Agreement. Alumni contributions refuel the Pave the Way Fund which in turn provides the same opportunity to future scholars to attend Watson.
Watson believes entrepreneurial talent is universal, while opportunity is not. Therefore, The Pave the Way Fund is a new way of financing higher education which ensures Watson is radically accessible and alumni graduate without debt.
Here's what our alumni have to say about the Pave the Way Fund:
“I never would have attended Watson without the income sharing model because my family could not afford the upfront tuition. The most comforting part of the program was re-payment was tied to my income; I didn’t have to choose between education and healthy eating or owning a safe vehicle. The best part is: I felt Watson believed in me from the get-go. They trusted I would have the ability to repay the income sharing agreement, completely tying their financial success to my business success.”
-Patrick Mateer, Fall 2014 Watson Scholar and Founder of Seal the Seasons
“Watson’s income sharing model provided me the flexibility to optimize my early career decisions for impact, and not compensation. It allowed me to focus less on making loan payments, and more on deciding what path out of Watson is most aligned to my passions and desired impact. Baked into this model is accountability: if alumni aren’t successful, then neither is Watson.”
-Ryan Singh, Fall 2013 Watson Scholar and Associate Director of the Academy for Entrepreneurial Leadership at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Watson Institute offers a wide range of partial scholarships for both merit and financial need. We also offer scholarships from generous partners such as:
- The Wolfson Foundation Scholarship Fund: A scholarship fund for students and alumni of Miami Dade College to attend Watson Institute.
- Whitaker Family Manufacturing Scholarship: A scholarship for a young entrepreneur developing a manufacturing-based social venture.
- Kirchner Capital Allocator Fellowship: A scholarship for students with experience and interest in the field of impact investing from Guatemala, Costa Rica, and the Americas.
- Elizabeth ‘Libby’ Brody Seligson Scholarship Fund: This scholarship fund is awarded to selected students from underprivileged backgrounds.
Watson Institute selectively offers a work study program for exceptional students with financial need. Work Study Scholars work 10 hours per week with the Watson team while enrolled and are awarded a scholarship per semester to go towards their tuition.
Watson Institute offers several full-ride fellowships each semester that cover the full cost of tuition. All finalists will be invited to apply for these fellowships:
- American Impact Fellowship: This Fellowship is for US-based applicants that are committed to lead lives of impact through entrepreneurial leadership.
- Enlight China Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants from greater China, including Taiwan and Hong Kong, that are committed to lead lives of impact.
- Enlight Women’s Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants working to increase access and quality of education for women and girls. Applicants for this Fellowship must be from greater China, including Taiwan and Hong Kong.
- Golden Bridge Fellowship: The Golden Bridge Fellowship provides scholarships to attend Watson Institute for embodied emerging leaders who are engaged in the work of Golden Bridge around the world. Their initiatives are dedicated to cultivating peace, inner and outer, through creative and culturally responsive leadership.
- Heyman/McConnell Family Education Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants working to transform the educational experience of children and youth.
- Jane Strode Miller Fellowship: This Fellowship is for next-generation entrepreneurs creating solutions within the food or beverage space.
- Luff Peace Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants working to increase access and quality of education and promoting peace globally.
- Sistla Tech Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants creating tech solutions to solve the greatest social and environmental challenges.
- Sustainability Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants developing solutions focused on environmental sustainability and climate change.
- Tech Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants creating tech solutions to solve the greatest social, economic and environmental challenges.
- Watson Americas Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants based in South, Central, and North America, and the Caribbean with a vision to create significant impact in their region through entrepreneurial leadership.