The Watson education is an extremely personalized experience – from weekly mentor meetings to tailored workshops, out of state travel, and one-on-ones with renowned entrepreneurs. We offer generous scholarships, fellowships and financing options to make Watson accessible to students from all economic backgrounds.
Watson Semester Accelerator in Boulder, Colorado
Watson Summer Accelerator in Boulder, Colorado
Bachelor of Science in Social Entrepreneurship from Lynn University
Pave the Way Fund
Watson’s Pave the Way Fund pays for students’ tuition and housing in Boulder and tuition, housing, and 24/7 dining in South Florida. Once students graduate and begin earning a living wage, alumni share an affordable percentage of future earnings for a set number of months through what’s commonly known as an Income Share Agreement. Alumni contributions refuel the Pave the Way Fund which in turn provides the same opportunity to future scholars to attend Watson.
Watson believes entrepreneurial talent is universal, while opportunity is not. Therefore, The Pave the Way Fund is a new way of financing higher education which ensures Watson is radically accessible and alumni graduate without debt.
Here's what our alumni have to say about the Pave the Way Fund:
“I never would have attended Watson without the income sharing model because my family could not afford the upfront tuition. The most comforting part of the program was re-payment was tied to my income; I didn’t have to choose between education and healthy eating or owning a safe vehicle. The best part is: I felt Watson believed in me from the get-go. They trusted I would have the ability to repay the income sharing agreement, completely tying their financial success to my business success.”
-Patrick Mateer, Fall 2014 Watson Scholar and Founder of Seal the Seasons
“Watson’s income sharing model provided me the flexibility to optimize my early career decisions for impact, and not compensation. It allowed me to focus less on making loan payments, and more on deciding what path out of Watson is most aligned to my passions and desired impact. Baked into this model is accountability: if alumni aren’t successful, then neither is Watson.”
-Ryan Singh, Fall 2013 Watson Scholar and Associate Director of the Academy for Entrepreneurial Leadership at University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Watson offers generous scholarships for both merit and financial need.
Merit Scholarships: Watson selectively offers merit scholarships for scholars with exceptional track-records in the social impact space and demonstrated potential.
Need-Based Financial Aid: On top of awarded merit scholarships, Watson offers need-based financial aid for accepted applicants upon completion of our internal Financial Aid Application and accompanying documentation.
Watson selectively offers a work study program for exceptional Watson Semester Accelerator students with financial need. Work Study Scholars work 10 hours per week with the Watson team while enrolled and are awarded a $2,500 scholarship per semester to go towards their tuition.
Watson offers several full-ride fellowships each semester that include full tuition and housing. All finalists will be invited to apply for these fellowships:
- American Impact Fellowship: This Fellowship is for US-based applicants that are committed to lead lives of impact through entrepreneurial leadership.
- Enlight China Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants from greater China, including Taiwan and Hong Kong, that are committed to lead lives of impact.
- Enlight Women’s Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants working to increase access and quality of education for women and girls.
- European Impact Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants from the 28 member countries of the European Union that are committed to impact the EU and beyond through social entrepreneurship.
- Jane Strode Miller Fellowship: This Fellowship is for next-generation entrepreneurs creating solutions within the food or beverage space.
- Luff Peace Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants working to increase access and quality of education and promoting peace globally.
- Sistla Tech Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants creating tech solutions to solve the greatest social and environmental challenges.
- Sustainability Fellowship: This Fellowship is for applicants developing solutions focused on environmental sustainability and climate change.